Friday, July 2, 2010

Well, here I am.

My divorce has now been final for 4 days. I never thought I would get divorced. I know, who does? I remember saying to my husband (arrogantly as it turns out), "aren't you glad our children will never have to go through a divorce?" I was so certain.


But, here I am. A year and a half ago I sat in my bedroom in California, knowing that I wanted to move to Texas and that I needed to file for divorce. It seemed so insurmountable. I remember wishing I could fast-forward to a time when both of those things had been accomplished. If I had gotten my wish, I would have fast-forwarded to today.


I am sitting here with a lump in my throat, but hope in my spirit. I am realizing that I have no idea what comes next. Can I support my family? Can I continue to homeschool? Am I crazy? I have committed my future to God and am now waiting to see what he has planned. I am currently teaching piano and chilbirth classes. And I've always dreamed of writing. I alternate between hoping to get married again someday and being glad to be on my own.


When I got married as part of my wedding vows I said, "I know that life with you is going to be an adventure." I had no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment