Monday, July 12, 2010

Don't worry. We'll get through this together. . .

This morning I got up, had my quiet time, got dressed and fed the kids. I had my piano lesson plans for the week completed as of yesterday and my house was clean. But, I felt anxious. I knew I had a few sticky situations to deal with and I wasn't sure how to handle them. So I sat down to write. I find that if I sit and write when I feel anxious whatever it is that is bothering me comes out and I can deal with it.

I started writing down the things I felt anxious about. And, honestly, some of them have the potential to be very difficult to deal with. I know that God will give me what I need to get them taken care of, but I'm not sure how as of yet.

I realized that what I really wanted at that moment was someone (okay, a man) to give me a hug, and tell me, "Don't worry. We'll get through this together." But, I had to again face the reality that there is no knight in shining armor who is going to come along and rescue me. I have to deal with all of these things on my own.

And I will. It is a reminder that I am stronger than I think I am. When I look back over the past two years that I have been on my own, I am amazed at what I have been able to do. So, I will pray about the things that I am concerned about and God will provide me the answers and the strength to get them taken care of. But, sometimes I do wish he could be here with me physically and give me a hug and tell me, "Don't worry. We'll get through this together."

No comments:

Post a Comment