Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Bunnies

There are things that I absolutely love about being a single mom. One of them is bunnies.

You see, now I have a room to myself again. And after a while it dawned on me that I can decorate it any way I want to. So, the first thing I did was buy a new bed, one that was just mine. I didn't have a ton of money of course, but I felt that it was important for me. Next I bought a girly, purple, flowery quilt for my bed, with matching dust ruffle and shams. I even made ruffled curtains to go with it.

But I still didn't have a decorating theme for my room. The place I am renting has all white walls. So I needed to figure out something. That's when I remembered how much I had always loved bunnies. So, that became my theme.

I felt silly at first. Aren't bunnies for nurseries? But I love them. And I did manage to find affordable, not babyish bunny decorations for my room (bunnyrabbits.com). And I love it. It is uniquely me.

No comments:

Post a Comment