Monday, August 2, 2010

An Anniversary

I'm having kind of a sad day today, so far anyway. It's only 9:00am. But I have found that some days I just wake up feeling a little blue.

Today it might have something to do with the fact that it is my 1-year anniversary of living in Texas. I am glad I'm here and I'm glad that I made it through a difficult first year, but it also reminds me that things have turned out differently than I had planned.

I knew that God wanted me to move here. I prayed and got advice for months as I was making the decision. God wrapped up the answer to those prayers with a red ribbon. So I have never doubted that this was the right decision. But things have turned out differently than I had expected.

I thought I'd feel so free moving here. I thought it would be this big sigh of relief. But it was hard to get used to a different "home." And it took me much longer to make friends than I'd expected. My business has gotten off to a slower start than I'd planned. The divorce took a long time and ended up being emotionally exhausting. And my husband reacted much differently than I'd imagined he would.

One of the primary reasons I moved here (so I thought) was to be close to family and to receive their support. That has turned out much differently than I expected too. Because I haven't lived in the same city with my parents since I have been an adult, I was afraid that I would not feel like a grown-up being here. But I see how God has used the situation to show me that not only am I a grown-up, but I can actually be a source of support.

God has really taken care of me and my littles this year, and I have no doubt that he will continue to. And as for feeling blue, I am also confident that "this too shall pass."

No comments:

Post a Comment