Saturday, October 8, 2011

Parenting is Hard

Some days I just love being a mom. My kids are so cute and smart and wonderful.

Then there are days like this. It has been incident after incident after incident. On days like this I wonder, "have I been parenting at all? Whose children are these people?"

Sometimes I worry that as a working/business-owning single mom that I am just not focused in enough. Yes, I'm with them probably much more than a typical married mom who sends her kids to school and various after-school activities. But on a day like today I wonder how so much could have slipped past me and then all come out in one day.

It's days like this where I do kind of wish that there were someone else to share in the responsibility (or maybe the blame) with. Or at least a shoulder to cry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment