Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Getting out There

As a single mom, it would be so easy to isolate myself. I homeschool my kids and work out of my house. I could easily stay home all of the time. There is a lot to take care of around here and I do tend to be tired. It would be much easier to stay home and avoid the social scene.

But, I don't want to become a recluse. I like having a life so I go out and live it. I stay active in my church. I go to swim team practice. I have dinner with friends. I take the kids to the lake with my brother. I don't always feel like doing these things, but I do them anyway.

It is important for me to go out and live my life, in spite of being a single mom. Someday my kids will move out, and unless I end up getting remarried, it will just be me (and my future dog). The temptation is to stay home and let my life revolve around my children. But I have to be my own person, and I have to give them room to figure out who they are as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment